All applicants must be: 

  • Studying in Secondary 4 or Secondary 5 (or equivalent) at the time of application,
  • For oversea students, please refer to the “Grade and year level equivalents chart” and the “Note for non-HKID holders” below.

Grade and year level equivalent

Hong Kong American British Mainland
Secondary 4 Grade 10 Year 11 Senior 1
Secondary 5 Grade 11 Year 12 Senior 2
International Baccalaureate (IB) National Curriculum (UK) International
MYP (last year) KS4 (2nd year) Grade 10
DP (1st year) KS4 (1st year) Grade 11

Note for non-HKID holders

As a non-local student, you require a student visa or an entry permit for taking up your studies. Once your visa application is approved by the Hong Kong Immigration Department, our office will pick up the visa and courier it to you. Applicants need to pay for all associated fees. For students holding Mainland Chinese travel documents, you should apply for an "Exit-entry Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macao" (EEP) and a relevant exit endorsement from the Public Security Bureau office where your household registration is kept.

Under the existing policy of the Hong Kong Immigration Department:

  • a. Nationals of Afghanistan, Cuba, Laos, Korea (Democratic Peoples' Republic of ), Nepal and Vietnam are normally not allowed to take up short term studies in Hong Kong.
  • b. Visa processing time is typically 8 to 12 weeks, but it may vary due to individual circumstances and other special requirements.